The Suzanne Clothier article - He Just Wants to say Hi - is indeed excellent!
 If you like her article (or even if you've never read it -) I highly
recommend her new book - Bones Would Rain From the Sky.   It is a very
compelling book about developing a deep and caring relationship with your
dog.  It even has a thought or two about human relationships.   This is light
years beyond the books about how to teach your dog tricks or how to house
train - it's about love, respect, and the deep bond that many of us treasure
with our Berners.  If you really want to raise your relationship with your
dog to a new level - read this book!
       - Ruth Nielsen, ZenMaster Max, and the Winter-boy in Seattle, WA