I keep thinking of other things I meant to say....Vilma wrote:
"I would be very very cautious w/ supplementing thyroid hormone in a dog
whose
complete panel was already in the normal range. "

I'm not in favor of the practice of some breeders who routinely put their
bitches on thyroid medication to get them pregnant and then take them off
after they whelp. These girls either need to be supplemented or they
don't. It seems that maintaining their optimal health should be the first
concern of the breeder and a bitch that can not conceive unless on
thyroid may have one of those thyroid conditions that is simply hard to
diagnose. I'm not saying these girls shouldn't be bred but, that a closer
look and follow up of their endocrine status may be warranted

Susan Ablon
Gweebarra BMD
Balch Springs, Tx
http://www.pageweb.com/gwebara