Kathy,

Such sad news. And yet, such wonderful, beautiful memories. I loved your
descriptions of Gunner's foibles, esp. the leaf story. Accepting him "as
he is" was a great thing to do. Our Rescue, Shadow, is a dog that I have
come to accept as he is. He is terribly, terribly shy and I know that to
try to turn him into a different dog would do violence to his very
nature. So we are letting him live out his years in relative comfort in
a world that makes allowances for who he is. And we love him and he
loves us. So glad to hear that you also loved and knew your dog so well
to honor him and his life by letting him be who he was. Bless you.

Take care and know that we are thinking of you tonight here in cold
Wisconsin

Catherine
Shadow, Mickey & Jenny