Vilma wrote: <<  The issue of "aggression" (an often
overused and misused term which actually covers a very
wide range of behaviors) seems to be getting more and
more common in our breed. I would love to get together
a group of  Berner lovers, ideally w/ an interest in
training/behavior,  who are willing to help these dogs
on a one on one basis, supporting each other in these
endeavors, etc.>>

Vilma,

I completely agree with your statement above.

Further, as more and more Berners are commercially and
BYB produced, I feel we will see a steady population
increase of BMDs with poor temperaments and health
issues flooded into a market not prepared and/or
unwilling to deal with their problems.

A great many people seem to complain about this
situation but, so far as I can see, the only major
projects acting as real, viable deterrents are BARC,
breeders who protect the BMD gene pool and the BMD
clubs/people who pro-actively educate about BMD health
and temperament issues. (This is one reason I feel its
important to be supportive of my local and parent BMD
Clubs).

Adult BMD Rescue is just one more step in protecting
the BMD breed, and I feel its a job which is only
going to get bigger with time. As a breeder, I feel
offering Rescue is an inherent part of my personal
responsibility to participate in where possible.

While the Berner you mentioned is too far away for my
help (and sounds like you have him covered anyway), I
am ready and willing to support whatever BMD Rescue
and Rehabilitation efforts I can in my area
(Montana/Wyoming/Dakotas).

I have many years' experience rehabilitating large
homeless and abandoned dogs and successfully re-homing
them.This is a personal passion of mine.

This means I'm happy to participate in any BMD
Rescue/Rehabilitation effort you create so long as I
can cover BMDs found/released in my area. And I
already spend a LOT of effort online educating PPOs
and others who contact me for more info about this
wonderful breed.

Please mark me down as a BMD Rescue contact in
Montana, Wyoming and Dakotas. I'm willing to drive
anywhere in these states if necessary to help a Berner
in need.And I know a few other BMD people in Montana
who feel the same commitment as me.

Kind Regards,
Esther Wilson
WilPower Kennels