From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 8:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Health problems and REAL leading cause of death in dogs

Nancy,
Thank you for the excellent information, that is really interesting and
informative, thank you for putting it together for us.

I do have just one slight correction, however. Cancer is not actually the
leading cause of death in dogs. Elective euthanasia of physically healthy
but
homeless dogs in shelters is.

So I guess one could say *behavior problems*   -- the reason most dogs are
given to shelters -- are actually the leading cause of death (along w/
overpopulation.)

Vilma Briggs (Kistner)
Mt. Gilead, OH
U-UD Mocha Java Slurp, UDX, HIC, TT
Ch. Brighteye Expresso Bean, UD, NDD, TT
U-CDX Our Little Buddy, UD, NA, TT
Thirdtym's A Charm, CGC
and Ted