Kelli --

If Oscar is well-socialized and good-mannered (ie: doesn't jump up on
people, but isn't afraid of them either) he should do just fine. You will
probably be more nervous than he is!

The CGC test starts with you handing Oscar (on his leash) over to a stranger
and walking away out of Oscar's sight. Oscar should not be overly concerned
when you leave. He should stay (hopefully calmly!) with the tester without
trying to get away.

The tester then walks around other people & dogs with Oscar  to see that he
is not aggressive or fearful. Oscar can sniff them, but not be overly
interested.

He will also be brushed (make sure to take his favorite brush or comb!) and
"handled" to see that he doesn't mind someone else touching him.

Pretty easy. I don't know if doing obedience with Oscar makes him any better
or worse off. Baloo passed his CGC at his very first (and only) show. (Baloo
is a rescue - aggression - that we had gotten a little less than a year
before his CGC).

Good luck - stay calm & have fun!!!
Liz Steinweg & The Crew
Blue Moon's Baloo Berry Torte "Baloo"
Bobby Sox (husky-x), Figaro (20+ lb Forest Cat)
Rio & Sahara (the "Rat Cats")
and in loving memory of my 1st BMD - Toby (6/29/97 - 6/30/00 lost to MH)
Colorado Springs CO

http://www.csbservices.com/personal/personal.htm