A friend of mine that shows Berners but is not a Berner owner recently
went to some shows in the northern plains states. She is often approached
by people looking for a Berner pup and has learned all the "right things"
to tell these folks regarding care and health. At this one particular
show she said she spent time with a woman who was looking for a puppy.
She directed this woman towards the several breeders that were at the
show after telling her a little about the breed. My friend overheard some
of the conversation with the woman and Berner breeders. My friend felt
they were very aggresive in their questioning of the woman. She felt they
were defensive and this defensivness comes across as a bit hostile. They
wanted to know what she wanted a dog for and what was she going to do
with it and was she planning to show it, etc. My friend thought the woman
seemed sincere and nice and later that day the woman came back and told
my friend that she was the only one that didn't try to run her off.
Just some input from a non-Berner dog person

Susan Ablon
Gweebarra BMD
Balch Springs, Tx
http://www.pageweb.com/gwebara