Hello Sherri!

I apologize for somewhat late answer: today I have caught up reading the archives and I cannot resist answering because I find it very useful and stimulating. :-)

That wording of their material is important...the Pfizer website states:
"With monthly dosing, Revolution (selamectin) controls American dog tick (D.variabilis) infestations in dogs and puppies as young as six weeks."

There are two problems with this statement...
First, what does "control...infestations" mean?

Being careful interpreting the words, this is what I see: if it doesn't kill ticks then the only way to control them is by repelling them. The marketing is geared towards people who may not think that repellant properties is enough, they want ticks dead if they do get onto the dog.

I personally think that killing attached ticks is only half of the deal - you still have to find and remove the dead tick lest it starts festering. Moreover, if the tick bites into the dog, wouldn't that transmit the Lyme if the tick is a carrier?

I agree with you that the statements they make are problematic. That's why I put off Revolution issue till I know more about what other products offer (sarcoptic mange protection?!) and how things stack up.

The tick variety specificity - it could have been an unexpectedly useful side effect (reminds me of a tale about one electronic chip specifications saying "it shouldn't have worked, but it does")

Gulnara
--------
I am much more decisive about my antihistamines... sigh