Well, I hope the Brain Fairy is feeling generous and replaces what must have been a recent "secret" shipment to our house. Major is just 20 months, so we have begun to anticipate at least a partial shipment of his brains anytime soon. I suspect, however, our 3 1/2 year old Maddie must have intercepted the shipment.

Major, now being quite a bit bigger than Maddie and much pushier than our sweet girl, regularly grabs away any toy Maddie may be carrying around. We haven't interfered, as Maddie seems to exploit this pushy "little" brother routine by enticing him away from us with toys. Then while Major is triumphantly galoomping around the house with the prize toy, she is wiggling and weaving between our legs getting all our attention. Major Noodlehead has never caught on to her ploy.

Yesterday, however, Maddie did something pretty amazing. After Major came inside wet and muddy, I had just told him (in front of sparkling clean Maddie) that he must wait in the laundry room until he was dry. Just as I closed the door on my sad-eyed boy, Maddie came around the corner with Major's favorite huge red plush bone in her mouth. She sat in front of the closed door and waited, staring intently at the door. Curious, I opened the door to see what she would do. She went up to her pathetic brother and offered him his toy, which he gently took, and then she turned around and left. She had brought her "banished" brother his favorite toy!!!!

Now who wanted to know why we love these dogs so much?

Vicky Whitney in Bozeman, Montana, with
Blackcoral Divine Miss "M" (Maddie) CD NDD CGC Delta/ITA Therapy Dog and
Sascha's Ursa Major CGC Delta/ITA Therapy Dog