Good morning, everyone:

I'd like to thank everyone who has emailed us with encouragement, support,
suggestions, hugs, belly rubs, cookies, and especially prayers!  What a
wonderful group you all are.  I'm overwhelmed by the number of emails sitting in my in
box waiting to be answered.  I'll get to them as soon as I can and respond to
each one personally.

Heather's incision site continues it's slow healing, two steps forward, one
step back, sometimes two.  We found ourselves back at the vet again yesterday,
as the retention sutures/stent in place over the tumor site continue to cause
the surrounding skin to slowly come away from the site.  Her drainage has
slowed somewhat, but it's still a considerable amount, and we're having the vet,
with whom we have a good rapport, keep close tabs on everything.  He changed
the protocol we were using to cleanse the site, and has decided to delay
removing her sutures until things look a bit more healed.  Barring any further
problems, we won't see him until next week, and Heather will remain confined to her
x-pen, with her NoBite Collar in place, taking her antibiotics, and getting
lots of love.

Hannah and I are finally at a point where we can look at each other and not
fall apart crying.  We're determined to put on a happy face for the dogs, while
figuring out how to heal our girl.  My husband's message from Guam when he is
apprised of each day's progress: "Eeewwwwwwww".  Thanks, honey!  LOL...

Again, thank you all, and we'll be in touch with progress reports.

Hugs,

Jaye Carl, Lucy and Heather, the Sonrise Girls