Then of course there was the famous cow tongue in the park with Hannibal
> incident...
>
> Pat Long (& Luther)
> with memories of the amazing Berner hunters
> Berwyn PA

thinking of all these wonderful hunting dog stories, I believe that Daisy
never really hunted anything  -- unless you count human food.  On the other
hand, I remember many times witnessing Buddy's Lizard Launch method of
hunting.  He would simply sit there, not anticipating anything. A moth would
flutter near him. In a flash his VERY long tongue would whip out, snag the
hapless moth and whip back -- all this without him moving or changing
expression. Then, of course, there was that toad he swallowed in one gulp.
Ever palpate your puppy's tummy and FEEL the poor thing fluttering around?

Maria Crifasi
Catoctin Mountains - home of every toad in Maryland