We (Three Rivers BMDC) have distributed puppy packets to the managers of pet
stores that sell dogs (e.g., Petland) for some time now.  We grit our teeth
and present a pleasant (uncritical) front when we approach the store
manager -- most of whom are unaware they have a Berner and many of whom are
not involved in decisions about what items (including puppies) are stocked
in the store. We are by design not critical since that would risk getting
the manager to pass our message on to the puppy buyer.  Contrary to your
thinking, the stores have distributed the packets to buyers of their puppies
because sometimes we hear from the buyers.  Our goal is to help the owner do
his or her best by the mill puppy that they bought (however unwisely) and to
educate them about better ways of purchasing a family pet the next time
around. We also deliver a packet to the vet who services the pet store --
just in case he/she develops a conscience.

Clearly, we don't reproduce the entire INFO Series, but rather we select
items that are appropriate to the customer (e.g., intro, FAQs, puppy's first
year, obedience, health, grooming and YES, rescue--just in case).  We may
also add a Berner Garde brochure, a Berner Base Ball card, Puppy Bill of
Rights, local club contacts, and one of our club newsletters, The Incline.
For the most part, these documents are already in digital formats and
downloadable -- the Berner Garde brochure can be requested from me -- it is
a PDFs.  It might be a good idea to consolidate them in one location.

Nancy Melone
Trustee, Berner Garde Foundation, Inc.
Trustee, BARC, Inc.
Newsletter Editor, TRBMDC The Incline