Just looking for some thoughts.  Yukon is a 15 month old neutered male. He has been in
training since he was 5 months old.  He attends "school" three days a week with a
formal training class with Mom each week.  He is on a prong collar which is never
needed for any corrections.  He is an angel.  However, I need some advice on what I
call the "hoover" syndrome.  Recently, I have started longer evening walks and Yukon
will not take his nose off the ground.  Unless I continuously feed while we walk I
cannot keep his attention (or his head up).  He will walk into things if I let him!  I
do not correct him as he responds to all commands with no issues.  He is not doing
anything wrong but he is obsessed.  I am looking for ways to distract him from the
ground.  He will be taking the CGC and if it is outdoors I fear I am fighting quite an
uphill battle. Any thoughts?
Kristin O'Neill & Yukon aka Hoover!
South Boston