I miss her. And so does Bacchus. I worried about him Tues and yesterday, he
seemed so depressed. I've been trying to be happy and cheerful for
him.....but berners can see right through that. So to compensate, I've been
stuffing his face with everything he'll eat. Bacchus has always been around
115lbs as an adult [give or take a couple of pounds]. I had cut back on
treats a bit, hoping to get maybe 5 lbs off him to help his joints. I was
shocked when he was weighed at the emergency vets, 2 days before Ari. He was
only 104lbs. And then Tuesday he was only 97.

But today he seems more animated.

I have been looking through pictures, literally hundreds, to find one of Ari
to send to Jean. Out of hundreds of photos, there are only a handful of Ari
alone. It is always the two of them, Bacchus and Ari, joined at the hip.

I went to a grief counselor yesterday.She specializes in Pet Bereavement. I
found her on www.pet-loss.net . I clicked on Ohio and was surprised to see
someone here locally. She was very helpful. Knows about bloat and cancers.
Has Akitas and GSD's. I'm going back next week.

Yesterday I got Ari's Angel pin from Karen. So beautiful, so touching, so
meaningful.....yet something we dread receiving. I wear it over my heart.

Cathi with Bacchus