On 4/29/07, B. Wielens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm using the OpenSuSE repository, which has version 0.2.0
> nVidia driver version is the latest, 9755.

> > I've never seen that, could you supply me with the screenshots?
> Sure. I've attached it.
> > This also should be fixed in recent developer versions, either svn or
> > the git repository.
> Can I get these as RPMs, or will I have to wait for the next release to
> do that?

I'm not a suse-user, but some quick browsing lead me to:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/X11:/XGL/

Anything after about r3780 should work quite well for multiscreen. The
decorator issues have been fixed, texture corruption is fixed, a few
minor annoyances and a few big annoyances too.

For convenience, you'll want to configure the decorator plugin with
the decorator you use (in the command), as the decorator plugin will
then start one decorator for each display, but beryl-manager won't.

> The main problem with Twinview is that it spans displays, and with a 17
> and a 21" monitor, this is a nuisance, which is why I'm trying for two
> separate cubes.

I preffer multiscreen myself because it lets me switch desktops
individually on each screen, but it also disallows moving windows
between heads, which is a bit annoying at times, but for me, it's
worth it. The spanning of the screens is basicly what
twinview/xinerama is all about, though you can set up cube to show one
cube per head even when doing that, but you'll rotate both, since
you're still just using one workspace.

--
Regards,
Kristian