Yes, its usually IMAP/POP3 for BIS access.

I have considered identifying RIM's BIS IP range and blocking at the
firewall level.  If those IP's are only used for BIS email access and I dont
want that.

What about IT Policy that blocks the service book?  I think that this would
only block the sending but the users would end up contacting helpdesk then
right?  "I suddenly cant send emails any more?", "Oh you are setup with
BIS!"

Josh Armour
MobileOps - Sysadmin
jarm...@google.com