Ok I think there are two scenarios.

The original scenario I had in mind was indeed the loopback anycast which
would really not have any issues with arp.

The other scenario is NIC overload with multiple addresses some of them
would be anycast. It is in fact not that uncommon to have an identical VMs
with same IP for robustness without LB. I am not sure if we need to *solve*
it at ARP, but we do need to consider it as a valid case and not react as
far as duplicate address detection is concerned. Again here depending on
the implementation if you put both such VMs say in different VRFs you have
no ARP issue, but anycast works fine.

I think to proceed I would be happy to see those cases just documented in
deployment section of the draft and we move on. I do not think that solving
or even touching IPv4 ARP is needed here at this point.

Or perhaps a different comment to add to the draft would be to mention that
duplicate IPv4 address detection is scoped to the same ARP table (which may
not be the same as same subnet :).

Cheers,
r.