From: BESS [mailto:bess-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia -
US/Mountain View)
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:28 AM
To: Van De Velde, Gunter (Nokia - BE/Antwerp) <gunter.van_de_ve...@nokia.com>;
stephane.litkow...@orange.com; bess@ietf.org;
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-ac-df.auth...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [bess] WG Last Call (including implem status) for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-ac-df

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for the feedback.
About this:
I was wondering why this document, even though being backward compatible with
RFC7432, is Informational track, and not standard track.

I just sent an email providing the initial reasoning discussed among the
authors. If we still think Standards Track is more appropriate, I think it is
ok to change it.

Thank you.
Jorge

The document is well written and resolves with a reasonable approach logical
failures or human errors, that would otherwise result in significant service
problems.
I was wondering why this document, eventhough being backward compatible with
RFC7432, is Informational track, and not standard track.

G/