Jim & Avinash,

Please let's observe that Adrian removed any references to Segment Routing.
What this means that the current proposal is based on vanilla MPLS labels
which by base MPLS architecture have **local significance*. *

You can't assume that out of the sudden label has domain wide or global
meaning with SR references removed any more.

If so this draft in question is not required to dynamically signal a label
bound by operator to given service in a control plane. Just like you
advertise any other label which has local meaning by the node advertising
it. As we pointed out draft-ietf-bess-service-chaining-04 is one option to
signal this. They may be other options, but you either treat label as local
or as domain wide. You can't pretend that under the umbrella of doing
former you are effectively doing latter without admitting it.

Best,
Robert.