Ali and authors,

As discussed during the BESS session, these are the points that I think should
be addressed in draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy before WG LC:

1) Fast Leave text addition

There are quite a few igmp-snooping implementations in the market that support
a “Fast Leave” mechanism. EVPN should incorporate/document this too, since it
is a pretty common use-case.

Implementations allow the use of "Fast Leave" when the IGMP host is directly
connected to the PE/NVE or the directly connected CE does igmp-proxy (and only
in those cases). Fast Leave is a local administrative option on each AC, that,
if enabled, allows the removal of a (x,G) state immediately after the reception
of an IGMP Leave message for the (x,G).

In the email below, I was suggesting that in some cases the IGMP Leave synch
route can be avoided; however Mankamana made me see that, in the Fast Leave
procedure, the PE receiving the IGMP Leave on the ES' AC, should always send an
IGMP Leave sync route with an indication that the (x,G) state must be removed
immediately. Mankamana suggested MRT=0 (Max Response Time=0) in the route could
give that indication to the other PEs in the ES.

Authors, can you please add text about Fast Leave?

2) Conflicting text about advertising SMET route when there are local sources

"3.2 PE with mixed of attached hosts/VMs and multicast source

The main difference in here is that when PE2 receives IGMPv3 Join
   from H7 for (S2,G2), it does not advertises it in BGP because PE2
   knows that S2 is attached to its local AC."

[JORGE] the above is contradicting this previous statement:

"When the first hop PE receives an IGMPv3 Join for (S,G) on a given
   BD, it advertises the corresponding EVPN Selective Multicast Ethernet
   Tag (SMET) route regardless of whether the source (S) is attached to
   itself or not in order to facilitate the source move in the future."

[JORGE] I tend to agree with the latter statement. It simplifies the procedure.

3) Confusing text in section 7.1.1 about local-bias:

"The Originator Router Address is the IP address of Router Originating
   the prefix. It should be noted that using the "Originating Router's
   IP address" field is needed for local-bias procedures and may be
   needed for building inter-AS multicast underlay tunnels where BGP
   next hop can get over written."

While I agree with the need for this field in Inter-AS, but why would you need
to check the SMET originating-ip for local bias?

4) Minor one: description of Maximum Response Time and Sequence number missing
in section 7.3 and 7.3.1.

Although both are roughly explained in section 4.2, the description of the
fields and allowed values is missing in the section that describes the IGMP
Leave synch route.

The below email captures the points I made during the adoption, but they are no
longer valid anyway, so please, disregard. However the above points are the
ones I think should be addressed now.

Thank you!
Jorge