From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Liuyisong <liuyis...@huawei.com>
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 4:38 AM
To: "draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-pr...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-pr...@ietf.org>, "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Cc: Zhuangshunwan <zhuangshun...@huawei.com>, "Yangang (Routing Design)"
<yang...@huawei.com>
Subject: [bess] some questions about draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-02 for
IGMPv3

Hi folks,

I have some questions about the draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-proxy-02 for
IGMPv3 synchronization

In section 7.2 & 7.3, there are IGMP Join and Leave Synch Route definition as
following:
[cid:image003.jpg@01D419FE.B52B2C00][cid:image006.jpg@01D419FE.B52B2C00]

IGMPv3 is very complicated, and it is not very clear to how to construct the
IGMP Join/Leave Synch Route in the draft.
Firstly I think only incremental membership information in the IGMP synch
route, because the route NLRI can only contain one (S,G) or (*,G)
1.for a simple example:
INCLUDE (A)    BLOCK (B)    INCLUDE (A)             Send Q(G,A*B)
We can use include mode, source A*B, group G in IGMP Leave Synch Routes one by
one to notify the other multi-homed PEs.

2.for a more complicated example:
EXCLUDE (X,Y)  TO_EX (A)    EXCLUDE (A-Y,Y*A)       (A-X-Y)=Group Timer
                                                        Delete (X-A)
                                                        Delete (Y-A)
                                                        Send Q(G,A-Y)
                                                        Group Timer=GMI
It is more difficult than example 1.There are 5 actions, and should we use both
Join and Leave Synch routes to notify the other multi-homed PEs?
I think we should use:

1) include mode, source A-X-Y, group G in IGMP Join Synch Routes one by one

2) include mode, source X-A, group G in IGMP Join Synch Routes withdraw one by
one

3) exclude mode, source Y-A, group G in IGMP Join Synch Routes withdraw one by
one

4) include mode, source A-Y, group G in IGMP Leave Synch Routes one by one
Is it appropriate for IGMPv3 Synch route construction in the draft?

3.In IGMPv3, only BLOCK, TO_IN, TO_EX can lead to generate last member query.
Is that mean when the PE only receive BLOCK, TO_IN , TO_EX , it should
advertise the leave synch routes to the other multi-homed PEs?

Thanks
Yisong