Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

COMMENT:

* Section 3.3 MAC Mobility

The handling of MAC mobility between the EVPN and VPLS PEs seems a bit, for a
lack of a better term, "not seamless" to me. While only using EVPN a MAC that
has moved will get propagated out without *initiating* any sort of BUM traffic
itself as described Section 15 of RFC7432. If I understand this document
correctly, if a MAC moves onto a segment with a VPLS PE, traffic towards it
will be blackholed until it initiates BUM traffic which is not the case when
the MAC moves between EVPN PEs. Did I get this right? If so, I think this
limitation needs to be highlighted a bit more prominently.