From: Deborah Brungard <db3...@att.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 10:18 PM
To: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framew...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framew...@ietf.org>, Stephane Litkowski
<stephane.litkow...@orange.com>, "bess-cha...@ietf.org" <bess-cha...@ietf.org>,
"stephane.litkow...@orange.com" <stephane.litkow...@orange.com>,
"bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Deborah Brungard's No Objection on
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: (with COMMENT)

    Deborah Brungard has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework-07: No Objection

    introductory paragraph, however.)

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework/

    COMMENT:

    I can be swayed either way on the update discussion. I usually prefer to be
    conservative with using "update" so the reader of the original RFC does not
    have to parse many updates to understand what is applicable when
    implementing the original RFC. While others view it as applying to the
    new RFC and its relationship with the original. What's important (to me)
    is to clearly describe the update in the abstract for the reader to decide
    to read or not.