Please refer to my replie inline marked with “AS>”

From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of "Luc Andre Burdet (lburdet)"
<lburdet=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 10:56 AM
To: "stephane.litkow...@orange.com" <stephane.litkow...@orange.com>,
"bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] new WGLC for draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-05

Support.

This is an important draft and is implemented;

​

  1.  ​I echo Acee's comment re: "Router MAC" for readability

AS> I also echo my reply to Acee’s comment ☺

(2) The document often refers to two Route-targets (MAC-VRF & IP-VRF) which is
overly restrictive.

I would propose language more to the effect of MAC/IP must be advertised with
two sets of RTs

AS> “two Route targets” are used when the document talks about Route-Type-2 –
which is in context of a single EVI for MAC-VRF and IP-VRF.

Cheers,

Ali

    RFC7432:  EVPN route MAY carry one or more Route Target (RT) attributes.​

vs. for example:

   This route MUST be advertised with two route targets - one

   corresponding to the MAC-VRF of the tenant's subnet and another

   corresponding to the tenant's IP-VRF.

Thanks,

Luc André​ Burdet