Wen,

              A few comments.

              I think I understand the why of this draft. One could take the
view that a MAC/IP learned via a single PE on an ESI has actually gone away and
will not be re-learned via other PEs on said ESI.. In that case incorrectness
is being injected into the VPN state machine for said customer for as long as
it takes the timer to expire. Is that right??

Generally speaking state learned via the control plane is never allowed to be
re-advertised so PE1->PE2->PEX is disallowed. I am assuming that split horizon
will be disabled for a MAC/IP learned from PE1 advertised to PE2, subsequently
advertised to PE3 ( Actually everywhere ) as the ESI is in common.

You could also use BGP Persistence on PE3.. PE3 would enable persistence on
MAC/IP:NH=PE1, ESI10 if ESI10 is also available at PE2.. In this manner PE3
would continue sending traffic to MAC/IP via PE2 as long as the ESI is valid
and the timer on PE3 did not expire.

Thanks,
              Jim Uttaro