Hi Jim,

Yes the topic is related to how multiple ASes under one administrative
umbrella can operate BGP.

But I must say that there are two fundamental approaches:

a) the one as you described in the OAD draft defining the ATTR_SET_STACK
attribute - sort of being an Eiffle Tower of what needs to be carried
across.

b) the other option is to decouple the problem into two sub functions:
     b.1 - make those ASNs operating under same administration aware of
each other by cfg
     b.2 - make new transitive rule to allow passing under same
administration.

I just proposed b.

Jakob proposed c) which is yet one more option to define set of reserved
values (could be ASN or a prefix for easy ACL) to indicate within given
attribute the scope of propagation when ingress policy allows. I find it
much more complex and error prone as compared with (b)

Thx,
R.