I agree with Jorge and Mankamana. We don’t need leave group sequence number.  I
would keep it out for now.

Regards,
Keyur

From: "Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Date: Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 1:18 AM
To: "Mankamana Mishra (mankamis)" <mankamis=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>,
"bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-pr...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-igmp-mld-pr...@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] IGMP / MLD Proxy Draft update (NLRI change)

Thank you Mankamana.

From Nokia’s perspective I confirm your reference below. We implemented it
without a Seq number based on what we thought was that agreement among authors
pre-IETF106.

Just wanted to mention that there were never any procedures specified for the
sequence number in the draft. So even if two implementors had attempted to
implement that sequence number, there is no guarantee they could have
interoperated with each other. So the Sequence number reference must go from
the draft anyway. To me, the real discussion is if removing those 4 bytes from
the NLRI length will cause issues.

My take is that, given the implementations that we have in the field, the
proposal for the RR to accept both lengths seems like the better practical
option. And since that field cannot be a sequence number anymore, it should be
removed from the draft as soon as possible to avoid confusion for future
implementors.

But I would also like people to share their concerns here.

Thanks.
Jorge