Hi Stéphane, authors,

I have not followed the discussions on this document, but I'll nonetheless
raise one point  regarding the bandwidth community (better safe than sorry).
- why has [BGP-LINK-BW] been moved to informational reference while its reading
seem mandatory?
- A new EVPN Link Bandwidth extended community is defined, but I could not find
its specification. I guess that this is the same format as [BGP-LINK-BW] but
transitive. Could this be explicitly stated?
- [BGP-LINK-BW] advertises the bandwidth in unit of bytes (not bits!) per
second. Could the unit of the new EVPN Link Bandwidth extended community be
also clearly spelled out? Especially give the history on this (cf below). Also
in order to avoid misleading the readers could the examples use the correct
unit (vs bits per seconds as writen)
- 10 years ago or so, I had raised a similar point (distinction between bits
and bytes) on [BGP-LINK-BW] in the IDR WG. And it turned out that 1 major
implementation had implemented and deployed "bytes per second" as per the spec,
while another implementation had implemented and deployed "bits per second"
which is the typical unit of link bandwidth. Given the deployments, none was
willing to change its implementation as it would be a non-backward compatible
change with themselves. What's the status on this? Could we have an
implementation status on this?

Thanks
Regards,
--Bruno