Hi,

Though rfc7432bis recommends VLAN translation to be performed at the
disposition PE (for VLAN-based and VLAN-aware bundle services), I believe
there are existing deployments where VLAN translation is performed at the
ingress PE. In this scenario, is there any guideline on whether service
carving is to be performed based on the original VLAN or translated VLAN?

I think this cannot be left implementation specific, since DF election is a
distributed algorithm and should yield the same result in all PEs that are
part of the multi-homed group.

Any feedback would be helpful..

Regards,
Muthu