From: Gyan Mishra <hayabusa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 5:15 PM
To: Rabadan, Jorge (Nokia - US/Sunnyvale) <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Cc: Alexander Vainshtein <alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>; Andrew Alston - IETF
<andrew-ietf=40liquid.t...@dmarc.ietf.org>; SPRING WG <spr...@ietf.org>;
Stewart Bryant <stewart.bry...@gmail.com>; bess@ietf.org; mpls-chairs
<mpls-cha...@ietf.org>; p...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Pals] [EXTERNAL] Re: [spring] Martini Pseudowires and SR

Other options for operators migrating to SR for Multicast P-Tree which is still
being developed by vendors is BIER which is stateless.

BGP Multicast Controller is a new solution which is being developed which uses
TEA RFC 9012 for signaling encoding alternative to MVPN procedures defined in
RFC 6513 and 6514  for P2P Tree PTA encoding.  This is based on BGP MCAST TREE
SAFI defined in BGP Multicast draft. This draft provides a more general
solution and as well supports both mLDP inband and out of band signaling as
well as non mLDP based  SR use cases.

BIER RFC 8296 & RFC 8279

BGP Multicast

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-00<https://clicktime.symantec.com/3KqavuAgY9sQ8iqEFj1kVTg6H4?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-00>

BGP Multicast Controller

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-09#section-3.1.1<https://clicktime.symantec.com/346JXtL3UeNEA1Sepb1HyFn6H4?u=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-bess-bgp-multicast-controller-09%23section-3.1.1>

Kind Regards

Gyan

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 9:56 AM Gyan Mishra