From: BESS <bess-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Alexander Vainshtein
<alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 03:29
To: draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ac-aware-bundl...@ietf.org
<draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ac-aware-bundl...@ietf.org>
Cc: bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: [bess] Subtype assignment for EVPN Attachment Circuit Extended
Community in draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ac-aware-bundling-05
Hi all,
I have noticed that Section 8 “IANA Considerations” of the AC-Aware Bundling
Service Interface in
EVPN<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ac-aware-bundling-05#section-8>
 draft says:

   A new transitive extended community Type of 0x06 and Sub-Type of TBD
   for EVPN Attachment Circuit Extended Community needs to be allocated
   by IANA.

At the same time the IANA registry for EVPN Extended Communities
Subtypes<https://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-extended-communities/bgp-extended-communities.xhtml#evpn>
 says that subtype 0x0e has been already allocated for this extended community
from 23-Jan-2019 (i.e., for more than 2.5 years and soon after the -00 revision
of the draft has been posted).

May I suggest that the IANA Considerations section of the draft is updated in
the next (-06) revision to reflect teh existing assignment?

Regards, and lots of thanks in advance,
Sasha

Office: +972-39266302
Cell:      +972-549266302
Email:   alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of
Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or
proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure,
reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.