Hi Parag,

Thanks for the review. Please find inline.

Regards,
Saumya

From: Parag Jain (paragj) [mailto:par...@cisco.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2022 8:51 PM
To: Dikshit, Saumya <saumya.diks...@hpe.com>; bess-cha...@ietf.org
Cc: Loa Andersson <l...@pi.nu>; draft-saum-evpn-lsp-ping-extens...@ietf.org;
BESS <bess@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [bess] I-D Action: draft-saum-evpn-lsp-ping-extension-01.txt

Dear Authors,

I have following comments on the draft.

1)      Problem description - premise of problem statement does not right to
me. Section 4.1 and 4.2 mention complexity of remembering NLRI and FEC string
by operator. Operator is not supposed to enter any of these. The ping
implementation should be filling in  NLRI and FEC etc from protocols (e.g. evpn
bgp). This is how lsp ping have been implemented industry wide for l3vpn, l2vpn
etc.
>>> Since it's delegated to underlying implementation, then it should also have
>>> an option to transparently pass all the information to the ping PDU and the
>>> needful to be done at the target tunnel end-point.  Standards should be
>>> open ended to take care of all use-cases.

2)      Comment regarding CP checks, its up to the implementation to do CP
checks or not. Router processing the ping packet can choose not do any CP
checks.
>>> If the request from send side is to get all the RIB information at the
>>> target BPG-EVPN peer, then data-plane checks won't suffice. It's a good
>>> triaging alternative to get data from remote-peer that may not provide a
>>> direct management access to another operator domain.

Thanks
Parag