From: Andrew Alston - IETF <andrew-i...@liquid.tech>
Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2022 at 08:29
To: rtg-cha...@ietf.org <rtg-cha...@ietf.org>
Subject: Directorate Early Reviews
Hi All,

Following the helpful feedback received during chair’s meeting and further
discussion between the routing AD’s, we would like to propose the following:

  1.  We will require early directorate reviews before documents come to the
AD’s to enter the publication queue
  2.  We suggest that these reviews are done either in parallel with the
working group last call or between the working group last call and publication
request
     *   In the case of the early directorate review being done in parallel
with the last call, it is suggested to use this approach only if there is
indication that the document is stable, since we ask that the early review is
done on the version of the document that will be received by the AD’s at the
time of requested publication.
  3.  While we require early review from the routing directorate, it is in the
chair’s discretion if they wish to request early review from other
directorates.  As a guideline, we recommend a security directorate review in
addition to the routing area directorate.

We are still discussing all the feedback (and there was a lot of substantive
feedback), so expect more from us in the coming weeks regarding the rest of the
feedback.

Thanks

Andrew Alston (On Behalf of the Routing AD’s)

Internal All Employees