From: Luc André Burdet <laburdet.i...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 22:31
To: Alexander Vainshtein <alexander.vainsht...@rbbn.com>;
draft-ietf-bess-rfc7432...@ietf.org <draft-ietf-bess-rfc7432...@ietf.org>
Cc: bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>; Nitsan Dolev <nitsan.do...@rbbn.com>;
Alexander Ferdman <alexander.ferd...@rbbn.com>; Yair Nissim
<yair.nis...@rbbn.com>; Evyatar Wiesel <evyatar.wie...@rbbn.com>;
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-l2gw-pr...@ietf.org
<draft-ietf-bess-evpn-l2gw-pr...@ietf.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: A question about Duplicated MAC Issue in Single
Flow-Active multi-homing

Hi Sasha,

The Access Protocol should protect from frequent topology changes—most access
protocols have dampening or hold-times incorporated.
We can add a note commenting on this possibility though... and a MAY or SHOULD
increasing limits on mobility procedures for scenarios where unwanted behaviour
occurs (in case access protocols hold-time is insufficient)

Regards,
Luc André

Luc André Burdet |  Cisco  |  laburdet.i...@gmail.com  |  Tel: +1 613 254 4814