John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-lsp-ping-09: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-lsp-ping/

DISCUSS:

### Section 4.4, IP Prefix sub-TLV

This might end up being implicit in Lars's DISCUSS points and/or Éric's
question, but how does one even know whether the IP Prefix is 4 or 16 octets?
Looking at RFC 9136, it's careful to tell us how to infer the address family of
the RT-5: "The Length field of the BGP EVPN NLRI for an EVPN IP Prefix route
MUST be either 34 (if IPv4 addresses are carried) or 58 (if IPv6 addresses are
carried)." If a similar length-based technique is to be used here, I think this
spec has to spell it out.

COMMENT:

I support Jim, Lars, and Éric's DISCUSSes.

I agree with Jim and Éric's comments to the effect that the copy editing of the
document is what should be expected for a "finished" document. There are
various free spelling and grammar checkers which wouldn't fix all the problems,
but would catch many of them.