From: Jorge Rabadan (Nokia) <jorge.raba...@nokia.com>
Date: Monday, 23 October 2023 at 13:21
To: Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyn...@cisco.com>, The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacfl...@ietf.org
<draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacfl...@ietf.org>, bess-cha...@ietf.org
<bess-cha...@ietf.org>, bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>, Matthew Bocci (Nokia)
<matthew.bo...@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on
draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-08: (with COMMENT)
Hi Éric,

Thanks very much for your review.

Please see in-line with [Jorge].

Thanks!
Jorge

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>
Date: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 10:21 PM
To: The IESG <i...@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacfl...@ietf.org
<draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacfl...@ietf.org>, bess-cha...@ietf.org
<bess-cha...@ietf.org>, bess@ietf.org <bess@ietf.org>, Matthew Bocci (Nokia)
<matthew.bo...@nokia.com>, Matthew Bocci (Nokia) <matthew.bo...@nokia.com>
Subject: Éric Vyncke’s No Objection on
draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-08: (with COMMENT)

CAUTION: This is an external email. Please be very careful when clicking links
or opening attachments. See the URL nok.it/ext for additional information.

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-08: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush/

COMMENT:

# Éric Vyncke, INT AD, comments for draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush-08

Thank you for the work put into this document. This is a very specific area of
work and the text is not easy to read for a non expert. So, I was happy to rely
on the Internet directorate review below by Pascal.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated even if only for my own education).

Special thanks to Matthew Bocci for the shepherd’s detailed write-up including
the WG consensus and the justification of the Intended status.

Other thanks to Pascal Thubert, the Internet directorate reviewer (at my
request), please consider this int-dir review as if it was mine:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pbb-evpn-isid-cmacflush/reviewrequest/17846/
[Jorge] yup, comments are addressed in version 9. Thanks Pascal!

I hope that this review helps to improve the document,
[Jorge] absolutely, thanks.

Regards,

-éric

# COMMENTS

## Abstract

No need for action, but I have rarely seen such an acronym-dense abstract, it
is therefore hard to read.
[Jorge] hopefully it is now slightly easier to read.

## G.8032

G.8032 should be an informative reference (this would be DISCUSS level issue if
the reference was normative).
[Jorge] added as informative reference

## Scalability

Should there be some text about the scalability issues ? I.e., MAC addresses
move (Wi-Fi roaming) and are changing (cfr MADINAS WG).
[Jorge] the document does not have any changes with respect of the handling of
customer MACs, other than what is described in RFC7623, hence the security
considerations refer to the ones in RFC7623. As for the service provider
B-MACs, the security considerations section describes the consumption of
additional memory in the PEs due to the new mechanisms. Hopefully that is
enough.