Hi all,
I have a few questions regarding the expired EVPN Interoperability
Modes<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-modes-interop-02>
 draft.

  1.  Do the authors plan to refresh the expired WG draft? Please note that:
     *   It has been expired for ~4 months already
     *   It does not appear as a goal in the list of WG goals?
  2.  Assuming that the draft is not abandoned, what is its intended status? I
am asking that because:
     *   The draft itself states that its intended status is Informational
     *   At the same time, the draft clearly defines some changes in the
standard-defined procedures, e.g.:

                                                               i.      Section
3.1.1 states that an EVI that implements VLAN-aware VLAN bundles service
interface and contains a single BD must "allow to send and receive zero
EtherTag". This contradicts the definitions in Section 6.3 of RFC
7432<https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7432.html#section-6.3>

                                                             ii.      Section
3.2 states that an EVI that implements VLAN-based service interface "MUST allow
receiving of non-zero EtherTag". This contradicts the definitions in Section
6.1 of RFC 7432.

I also have to admit that I do not understand why an EVI with a single BD
should ever be considered as implementing VLAN-aware Bundle Service Interface.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Regards, and lots of thanks in advance,
Sasha

Disclaimer

This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon
Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary
for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.