Yep,

Specifically, one of the issues was with the JHS icon (red) which had issues 
with the shell of Catalina. The desktop JHS icon (blue) runs fine. 

Just thought that I would point out that my note was user error and not the 
system. 

Cheers, bob

> On Dec 27, 2020, at 09:50, Eric Iverson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> The icons in the install bin folder have a few problems and should be
> updated. The installer puts the official icons on the desktop. From there
> you can drag them to the dock or wher ever.
> 
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 12:40 PM 'robert therriault' via Beta <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Eric,
>> 
>> You can disregard my earlier comment about not having the version
>> identifier included with the J icons. I found them all on the desktop. I
>> had not realized that they is where they were being put as the new versions
>> were being installed.
>> 
>> I had been going to the main folder in my directory and using those icons.
>> The jQt icons are able to open the session from there but do not have the
>> identifier.
>> 
>> Hope you had a good Christmas.
>> 
>> Cheers, bob
>> 
>>> On Dec 21, 2020, at 11:41, 'robert therriault' via Programming <
>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Happy Holidays to you and yours as well!
>>> 
>>> I opened up the beta smoothly and tested some video labs and jig and
>> everything ran smoothly.
>>> 
>>> I did notice that when I opened the jQt IDE by clicking on the green
>> icon, I ended up with an instance that shows up as jqt on my dock. In J902
>> and j901 I have jqt902 and jqt901 respectively show up on the dock, which
>> is nice to have when I am testing out different versions. I believe I found
>> this last time when I started the session using the jqt.command in the bin,
>> so I tried this and ended up with a working jQt session that lacked a
>> responsive menu! I also noticed that in 903 the date for jqt.command is
>> July 29, 2018 (although is the same for j902).
>>> 
>>> In any case, I thought I would report this. If I have misremembered the
>> sequence to have the version number included with the icon let me know. For
>> now, I am satisfied with the session being distinct because it is the only
>> jqt.
>>> 
>>> Cheers, bob
>>> 
>>> ps. cross posted to the beta forum for future reference. bt
>>> 
>>>> On Dec 21, 2020, at 10:41, Eric Iverson <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> The 903 beta cycle has started!
>>>> 
>>>> https://code.jsoftware.com/wiki/System/Installation/J903
>>>> 
>>>> Install it now to get a head start on next year. This beta-a release
>> has no
>>>> externally visible changes, but has significant infrastructure changes.
>>>> 
>>>> Happy Holidays!
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>>> 
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>> 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm
>> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
For information about J forums see http://www.jsoftware.com/forums.htm

Reply via email to