I've been in the process of compiling LMS from scratch for the older
QNAP TS-x09 series last days, and I thought I was done with building
any perl dependencies for LMS, according to modules.conf.

However, my build fails to start on my qemu VM complaining it "Can't
locate loadable object for module Media::Scan".

I can see a Media/Scan/Scan.so file coming with the LMS binary
packages, but CPAN doesn't seem to be aware of it.
Is this module close sourced?
If not, where can I find its sources?

Along with Media::Scan, I could see other perl objects shipping in the
binary LMS package, but not referenced in modules.conf:
Encode/Detect/Detector/Detector.so
MP3/Cut/Gapless/Gapless.so
Linux/Inotify2/Inotify2.so
IO/Interface/Interface.so
IO/AIO/AIO.so
Locale/Hebrew/Hebrew.so
Media/Scan/Scan.so
Font/FreeType/FreeType.so
Compress/Raw/Zlib/Zlib.so

Are all these modules - but Media::Scan, obviously - optional?
Is there some README file / wiki page / dirty trick allowing me to get
the list of ALL the CPAN Perl modules that LMS would try to use?

@Andy: your CPAN avatar is crazy! :)

--
sebp

'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/sebp)