I've changed a few details wrt. to the scanner and media folder handling in 7.8:

- if you disable the UPnP plugin, this should disable all video/photo related code. No more checkboxes on the media folder settings, no more media scan besides audio etc.

- the server did initialize some code which actually was only being used in the external scanner. It still needs to know about those scanner modules though. I changed the behaviour in a way that the importers are being registered, but not initialized.

Please give this some thorough testing. Both changes come with some potential to break the scanner in one way or another. In particular if you're using some importer plugins, watch closely what LMS is doing next time you run a scan. I did test with the included importers (iTunes, MusicIP) as well as some of mine (MusicArtistInfo, SmartMix). But if you're using Erland's, please let me know how things go.

On the upside you might save another megabyte or two of memory :-).

Please note that these changes don't replace the --novideo and --noimage flags. These latter should be more efficient in that perl can optimize out code disabled by these flags at compile time. But they're not easy to apply. Therefore disabling the UPnP plugin to get rid of the video/photo features seems like a reasonable compromise. Unless you're now going to tell me that there was a use of that scanner feature even without the UPnP plugin...

--

Michael