well, I finally got around to this.  its good news and bad news.

I am running the Mar 21 7.8 release on win7 64, and I can at least get
things working, that's the good news.

but I am having a problem I have had for years.  the question is does it
affect all, some, or only me?

the problem is that in order for my duet to connect to my server, I have
to go into the windows firewall and manually turn off half of it,
specifically the "private network" (as opposed to the public network
part) of the firewall.

I need someone to tell me what exceptions should be in my firewall for
the server, or whatever, b/c I do see some, but they aren't working.  I
can enable/disable the private network firewall and see the duet
lost/regain the connection to the server.  it seems to me I shouldn't
have to disable any of the firewall to make things work.

any ideas?

Using:  Win7 64 & Duet with ipads and the logitech app, and ipeng on an
ipod