Hi.

I'm trying to rebuild some -Custom Browse Menus- using 7.9 -Advanced
Search-, -Library Views-, and -Additional Browse Modes- (ABM). I was
hoping that those rebuilt menus would be faster than my CB menus - and
also, in case Erland never finds the time to fully adapt CB to 7.9, I
would have rebuilt at least my most used CB menus.
However, I've run into some problems:

_#1_missing_ABM_options_
In the LMS advanced settings for ABM I can choose between -artists- and
-albums- as view options. I would very much like to have -genres- and
-songs- to use those (sub)menus. Can I do that on my own (some
setting/config file) or is it something that only a developer can do?

_#2_groups_
Can I put ABM menus into groups?

An example for #1 and #2 would be an ABM menu for all songs containing
the keyword XYZ in the comments tag:

  group -XYZ-

Artists
  Albums
  Genres
  Songs

Also this would allow me to rebuild the CB menu -Decades- with Decades
as group name and the ABM menu for the each decade (based on a saved
library view) inside.
Putting ABM menus into groups would make the top level menu a lot less
crowded for me I suppose.

_#3_Advanced_Search_Options_&_ABM_
I would use libary views (saved advanced searches) as the source for my
ABMs. But I still need to figure out how to do certain searches:
- I didn't find a setting for compilations (true/false) in the advanced
search menu.
- How can I do a search but exclude tracks containing certain keywords
in the comments tag?
- And can I have both in the same search: tracks containing keyword XZY
-but not- keyword ABC in the comments tag?
- When I use a comma separated list of words to search for songs
containing these in the comments tag, it's treated as an AND-search. Can
I also do an OR-search (finding all tracks containing at least one of
the keywords in the comments tag)?

_#4_Compilations_&_ABM_
- Is it possible to build a ABM menu -20 Random Compilations- (much like
the brilliant -20 Random Albums-, only for compilations)?
- How can I build an ABM entry -Compilations by Genre- which would be
like the compilations menu only with a genre selection/menu before
that?

_#5_Track_Ratings_
I have stored the rating of my tracks in their grouping tag as a number
(0-100). Does 7.9 with its library views, advanced search and ABM still
need Trackstat + CustomScan to use those ratings? Or is there another
(faster/simpler) way to access those rating without Erland's plugins?
I would mainly use those rating to create ABM menus like

  group -3 stars and more-

Artists
  Albums
  Genres
  Songs

Sorry, this got so long with so many questions. It's not a criticism
just an honest attempt at understanding what I can do with 7.9.
Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Best regards,

A.F.