What do you call a baby camel? Find out here!

I can't recall exactly how I got persuaded to purchase a Golden Labrador
puppy but persuaded I duly was, and 'Bob the dog' arrives with us next
weekend. Three young, mischievous children and a new puppy; what could
possibly go wrong eh?

Anyway, on the way home from the pet shop, my son suddenly asked, "Dad, you
know a baby dog is called a puppy, but what's a baby camel called?" Crikey
son, couldn't you have asked me what a baby cat or sheep or something
obvious is called I thought. Still, it could've been worse, he could've
asked about baby clams I suppose. But what's the answer? What is a baby
camel called?

Well, the answer is (cue drum roll)........

a CALF. Just like a baby cow. And a baby elephant, giraffe, hippo, moose,
rhino, whale, gnu and a host of other lovely animals.

And just in case you are asked by your children (or are simply curious
yourself) what the following
<http://scienceray.com/biology/do-you-know-what-a-baby-camel-is-called/>
baby animals are called I can confirm:

Alligator = hatchling

Bat = pup

Falcon = chick

Gerbil = pup

Grasshopper = nymph

Hare = leveret

Koala = joey

Panda = cub

Rabbit = kitten (or kit)

Shark = pup

Turkey = poult

Wombat = joe

And there we go. Thank you for reading!

If you enjoyed this article then you may be interested in: Do you know what
a fox's home is called?
http://scienceray.com/biology/do-you-know-what-a-foxs-home-is-called/

Or: Can elephants jump? http://scienceray.com/biology/can-elephants-jump/

And for more bite-sized answers to curious questions why not visit:
www.butwhydad.com/new

Sources: Enchantedlearning.com, BBC.co.uk, RSPCA

Read more:
<http://scienceray.com/biology/do-you-know-what-a-baby-camel-is-called/#ixzz
2OofkE720>