Dear Developers!

PostgreSQL PostGIS update:

-          A few weeks ago I have installed the PostGIS-Package with the
PostgreSQL Application Stack Builder

-          Today I have extended my developer BPP BExIS++ database with the
PostGIS extension.

-          That is a simple as it is. :-D

-          Before the update I made a dump of the Database

-          In pgAdmin I started the interactive PostgreSQL Shell and run
these two commands

o    CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

o    CREATE EXTENSON postgis_topology;

-          That is it! So now this database has its spatial extension and
functions.

-          I don’t test this in a productive environment, only in my
developer test BExIS++ database. Please don’t try this at home! ^-^

-          One side note: MS SQL-Server have spatial extension and function
built-in right in the system. (I only read it but don’t test ist)

That was my PostgreSQL PostGIS update.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With kind regards/Med vänliga hälsningar

Thorsten Hindermann

----------------------

Thorsten Hindermann

DV-Systemtechniker

Arbeitsgruppe "Basisdienste und Organisation"

Tel.: +49 551 201-1837, E-Mail:  <mailto:thorsten.hinderm...@gwdg.de>
thorsten.hinderm...@gwdg.de

----------------------

Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG)

Am Faßberg 11, 37077 Göttingen, URL:  <http://www.gwdg.de/>
http://www.gwdg.de

Tel.: +49 551 201-1510, Fax: +49 551 201-2150, E-Mail:
<mailto:g...@gwdg.de> g...@gwdg.de

Service-Hotline: Tel.: +49 551 201-1523, E-Mail:  <mailto:supp...@gwdg.de>
supp...@gwdg.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour

Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen

Registergericht: Göttingen, Handelsregister-Nr. B 598

Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001