On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Peter Schlaile <pe...@schlaile.de> wrote:
> Anti-Shake or motion tracking sound like tools, that should run within a
> seperate background rendering process. We could add something to the
> interface, that enables an effect track to have a custom render/bake run.
> Like: please render/bake motion tracking data into fcurves (which will
> feed the entire strip into the effect bake function only once and we use the
> fcurves later for actual frame translation and rotation.).

If I may be so bold, I'd highly recommend that all of the time based
tools reside in the same area, whatever that ends up.

Optical flow, tracking, image stabilizing, rolling shutter removal,
etc., _all_ require optical motion vector calculations and as such,
the most robust option there is likely to build upon OpenCV or VXL
(which I believe Nuke uses) and simply abstract the appropriate layer
on top. OpenCV, from what I have seen, offers a good deal of choice in
algorithm and such, which would allow Blender to provide options as to
which algorithm the artist requires for a given sequence. This likely
fits into the industry grade tool pipeline that Blender seems to work
toward.

Regarding motion vectors and tracking however, the ability to
manipulate or add points (Empties?) is very much a mandatory feature.
As such, this would extend a good portion of this into the 3D
interface where it is well suited, as the bulk of the editing
manipulation is already present.

It is tremendously exciting to see new interest here...

Sincerely,
TJS