Hi everyone,

Here are notes from today's 14 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.78 RC2

- Second release candidate is out!
http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.78/

- Release logs are also taking shape:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.78
https://www.blender.org/features/2-78/

Based on tracker reporting and further testing we either do a RC3 or the actual
release this week. Sergey Sharybin and Bastien Montagne are monitoring it
closely.

2) Other projects and 2.8

- Currently Blender for OSX links to an Apple system library for quicktime
(qtkit).
This has been deprecated for long, and will be removed from XCode 10.12.
We have to decide if we want to drop this, and make Blender for OS X use ffmpg
for
all codecs.

- Julian Eisel uploaded custom manipulators patch for review
https://developer.blender.org/D2232
Code docs ->
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Julianeisel/Custom_Manipulators

- Mike Erwin is in Amsterdam, with Dalai Felinto and others he will do design
sessions
on the 2.8 viewport. Expect interesting logs and docs!

Thanks,

-Ton-