Hello Blender developers,

I’m a University student and a blender user in China. My name is Yiming Wu. I
have been doing some researches on NPR line rendering and I believe there’s
something I can do to improve blender’s Freestyle renderer. I have posted some
results on Blendernation’s news page here
(https://www.blendernation.com/2017/10/25/little-r-npr-renderer-blender/) to
demostrate the current result. Many users sent their mail to me to ask if my
work can be integrated into Blender, and I also believe it is great to do so.
BlenderCN commuity also have a strong desire for a more usable NPR line
renderer available.

I’ve seen that Blender is recruiting students for this year’s GSoC project and
also developing many things related to 2.8. I have time to take part in GSoC,
and I already have a English version of how whole things works and what my plan
is to integrate it into blender. If you are interested in this can I kinda have
a blenderwiki account to write things there or something? So that you can
evaluate my complete proposal. In case you have some different plans, please
let me know. I can always give a helping hand related to NPR developing. 😊

Thanks!
Yiming Wu