Hi,

Yesterday there was a report of some bounced mail from Yahoo due to their
DMARC
policy. Unfortunately, mailing lists don't like this.

I looked into the mailing list settings and tried to do "munge from" when
dealing with DMARC. Hopefully things don't break for some users, but it's
been
running since yesterday, so far so good.

Below is the explanation that Mailman (our list software) uses to explain
the
settings:

  general options/from_is_list: No -> Munge From

  No
  --
  Do nothing special. This is appropriate for anonymous lists. It is
appropriate

  Munge From
  ----------
  This action replaces the poster's address in the From: header with the
list's
  posting address and adds the poster's address to the addresses in the
original

  Wrap Message
  ------------
  Just wrap the message in an outer message with the From: header
containing the
  list's posting address and with the original From: address added to the
  addresses in the original Reply-To: header and with Content-Type:
  message/rfc822. This is effectively a one message MIME format digest.

  privacy/sender/dmarc_moderation_action: Accept -> Munge From
  Munge From -- applies the from_is_list Munge From transformation to these
messages.
  Wrap Message -- applies the from_is_list Wrap Message transformation to
these messages.
  Reject -- this automatically rejects the message by sending a bounce
notice
            to the post's author. The text of the bounce notice can be
configured by you.
  Discard -- this simply discards the message, with no notice sent to the
post's author.

Of course, I am open to suggestions when it comes to the Mailing list, but
it's
been pretty much left as-is (settings wise) for decades. That said, DMARC
wasn't part of the original settings, so it is rather new territory for us.

--
Cheers,
Danny