Big Data solutions developer using Hadoop, Hive, and/or NoSQL (HBase, Red
Shift, Cassandra, MongoDB)
If on H1 please send resume with copy of H1.
This is through a Vendor, must do a face to face interview in Rockville
after a phone screen
Rate: Give me your best rate. Need max 2-3 page resume.
Cannot send resumes longer than 2 - 3 pages -less about speed, more quality
They don't care as much about what people did function wise, its more about
what they accomplished, and what problems they solved.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The position is generally autonomous in their complex solutions delivery for
the Market Regulation Application project(s) reports directly to the
Director or Delivery Manager. This individual is responsible for
contributing technical solutions while providing technical leadership to the
other development team members through design & code reviews. The Software
Engineer will be responsible for developing high-quality solutions, which
exceed the end users expectations for transforming the way they conduct
market analytics research. Integrated Audit Trail Redesign is an internally
facing application for analysts to query market data for their triage and
investigative purposes in support of FINRA's mission.
Essential Job Functions:
* Working with the application architect and developers to create
Big Data solutions using Hadoop, Hive, and/or NoSQL (HBase, Red Shift,
* Collaboratively work with development peers through iteration
tasks (pair programming, code reviews, etc).
* Create and implement simple, pragmatic designs to solve real
* Takes initiative and proactively communicates within and among the
* Turns engineering and technical discovery to an actionable
technical direction for other team members based on trade-off which provides
real value to users while aligning with management objectives.
* Work with the delivery manager to triage and resolve issues that
arise from the development team and escalate as necessary to management.
* Work directly with the UX Designer, Product Owner, and Scrum
Master to produce actionable user experiences and technical solutions for
user validation sessions.
* Work with the development team to coordinate on architectural
decisions and focus on delivering value.
* Participate in planning and estimation exercises with the Scrum
Master and others as necessary.
* Automated unit testing to be delivered with all software features.
* Thrive in an agile development environment.
* Adhere to and support sprint delivery in accordance with the
teams' Definition of Done.
* Spend ~90% of capacity thinking in the code
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering
discipline or at least five (5) years of related technical experience.
* Experience with Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services,
HIVE, Presto, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, MapReduce, TEZ preferred.
* Deep and demonstrate-able knowledge of Java.
* Experience with iterative and agile development techniques
required - preferably SCRUM.
* Personal accountability for delivery on past projects required,
with teams size of 5-10
* Practice application of architecture & design patterns to solve
real problems (not following a blueprint provided by others)
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships
and leverage those relationships to improve the quality of work products.
* Experience with Maven and Ant a plus
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, co-located work environment.
* Work is generally performed in an office environment. Extended
hours may be required.
Bhavesh Khatri | New York Technology Partners
111 Town Square Place | Suite 1236 | Jersey City, NJ 07310
Direct: 201.448.8157 | Fax: 201.521.0400 | <http://www.nytp.com/>
Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have
expressed an interest in New York Technology Partners. Don't forget to add
bhav...@nytp.com <mailto:bhav...@nytp.com> to your address book so we'll be
sure to land in your inbox!
If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list then please email me back
with the word REMOVE in the subject line.
If you don’t want to receive the emails click unsubscribe
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VedaInfo Inc.," group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to abdul_it_staff...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/abdul_it_staffing.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.