Great, thank you for that!

Too bad about the sort order not possible.  But would it be possible to at
least assign keyboard shortcuts to use column x for sorting?

Unfortunately the sorting for now is only possible by clicking on the
column, but not via a menu. If that would be made available via the menu
then one could easily assign a shortcut.